WE EXIST TO GLORIFY GOD BY GIVING TRUTH IN LOVE TO OUR WORLD: LOVING GOD, LOVING ONE ANOTHER, LOVING OUR NEIGHBOR.
- We believe the Bible is the inspired Word of God, His full written revelation, and our only rule of faith and practice.
- We believe in the unity and trinity of the Godhead.
- We believe that God the Father – the first person of the Trinity – is sovereign in all things.
- We believe that Jesus Christ is God’s only begotten Son, the sole Mediator. We further teach His Pre-existence, His incarnation, His virgin birth, His sinless life, His atonement, His bodily resurrection from the grave, His personal, visible return from heaven.
- We believe the Holy Spirit, His personality and His activity in regeneration, sanctification, and preservation.
- We believe that man was created in the image of God, that he sinned in Adam and that he is now a sinner by nature and by choice.
- We believe that salvation is by grace through faith in Jesus Christ apart from human merit, works or ceremonies. Those who are in Christ are kept by God’s power and are eternally secure in Him.
- We believe that the church is the spiritual body of which Christ is the head and that there is a two-fold aspect of the church, the universal and the local. Also that the ordinances of the local church are two in number: baptism – the immersion of the believer in water following salvation, and the Lord’s Supper – a memorial of the atoning death of Christ until He comes.
- We believe the resurrection of the human body; the everlasting existence of all men either in heaven or hell; divine judgments, rewards and punishments.
- We believe that legitimate sexual relations are exercised solely within marriage. Hence, sexual activities, such as, but not limited to, adultery, fornication, incest, homosexuality, and bestiality are inconsistent with the teachings of the Bible and the Church. Further, lascivious behavior, the creation and/or distribution and/or viewing of pornography, and efforts to alter one’s gender, are incompatible with the biblical witness. This church recognizes marriage as exclusively the legal union of one man and one woman.
As a member of the Southern Baptist Convention, Fellowship in the Pass is also in agreement with the Baptist Faith & Message 2000.
THE GLORY OF GOD AS OUR HIGHEST AIM
The primary reason we exist as a church is to draw attention to the supreme greatness of God. This is our ultimate desire. We long to see God’s glory enjoyed and displayed in our lives. Because of this, our church is intentionally God-centered in all we do —in our worship, in our teaching, in our ministry, and in our personal lives—in order that we might bring honor to God.
"Declare his glory among the nations, his marvelous works among all the peoples." - Psalm 96:3
THE IMPORTANCE AND USEFULNESS OF BIBLICAL TRUTH
We believe the Bible is God’s word. Therefore it is central to everything we do as a church. We aim to believe, and teach the Bible so that God’s truth will shape every aspect of our lives. At the heart of the Bible is the wonderful truth of the gospel. The good news of Jesus' life, death and resurrection makes it possible for sinners to be forgiven and reconciled to God. This undeserved grace continually captures our hearts and displays the magnitude of God’s love for us. We believe that a clear understanding of how the gospel both saves and sanctifies us, will produce lives that are characterized by grace and marked by joyful, humble love.
"All Scripture is breathed out by God and profitable for teaching, for reproof, for correction, and for training in righteousness, that the man of God may be competent, equipped for every good work." - 2 Timothy 3:15-16
“For I delivered to you as of first importance what I also received: that Christ died for our sins in accordance with the Scriptures, that he was buried, that he was raised on the third day in accordance with the Scriptures” – 1 Corinthians 15:3-4
WHOLE-HEARTED LOVE FOR GOD
As a result of our personal experience of God’s love through Jesus, we eagerly seek to obey the first and greatest commandment—to love the Lord with all our heart, soul, strength and mind. This love is the natural response to experiencing God’s gracious forgiveness, for the one who is “forgiven much, loves much.” We want this love for God to be expressed in all we do.
"And you shall love the Lord your God with all your heart and with all your soul and with all your mind and with all your strength." - Mark 12:30
HELPING ONE ANOTHER BECOME LIKE CHRIST
We believe we were designed to live and grow in the context of community. We believe that following Jesus isn’t something that we’re meant to do alone, but rather, something that we pursue together. God's design is for us to grow to be more like Christ as we encourage each other through deep, Christ-centered relationships.
"Rather, speaking the truth in love, we are to grow up in every way into him who is the head, into Christ, from whom the whole body, joined and held together by every joint with this it is equipped, when each part is working properly, makes the body grow so that it builds itself up in love." - Ephesians 4:15-16
FAITHFULLY PASSING THE GOSPEL ON TO OTHERS
God's great heart for the world is evident throughout Scripture. As followers of Jesus we want to join his mission in the world by spreading the good news about Jesus to the world he loves. We are committed to passing the gospel on in our homes, our neighborhoods, cities, and the world. As we love others and share Christ’s love with them we rejoice to see lives transformed through the love and power of Jesus Christ.
"And Jesus came and said to them, “All authority in heaven and on earth has been given to me. Go therefore and make disciples of all nations, baptizing them in the name of the Father and of the Son and of the Holy Spirit, teaching them to observe all that I have commanded you. And behold, I am with you always, to the end of the age.” - Matthew 28:18-20